Local businesses are invited to attend the first ever East Suffolk Business Festival, taking place next month.
The inaugural East Suffolk Business Festival begins on 29 October and features a packed 10 day programme of business support and training events.
The festival, organised by Suffolk Coastal and Waveney District Councils, aims to raise the profile of the East Suffolk business community and create opportunities for businesses to connect with each other, grow their business and create new employment for the local area.
In a joint statement, Cllr Geoff Holdcroft, Suffolk Coastal’s cabinet member for Economic Development and Cllr Michael Ladd, Waveney’s cabinet member for Economic Development and Tourism said: “East Suffolk has a strong and diverse local economy and our new business festival will showcase the opportunities and support available to help East Suffolk businesses to grow. With the help of our festival supporters, we have an interesting and varied programme of business workshops, training and events to choose from and we look forward to welcoming businesses from across the district.”
Jules Shorrock, Chair of Suffolk Chamber of Commerce in Lowestoft and Waveney said: “East Suffolk is a great place to do business, not least because of the strong working relationship between the private and public sectors in the area. The East Suffolk Business Festival will provide a showcase of the diversity and success of how we do business in this part of the county – culminating in the Chamber’s prestigious Lowestoft & Waveney Business Awards.”
On Monday 29 October, Screen Suffolk will launch the festival with an event at The Cut in Halesworth showcasing how filming can benefit local businesses and communities.
On Friday 9 November, the festival will culminate with the East Suffolk Partnership Annual Forum at Trinity Park and the Suffolk Chamber of Commerce Lowestoft and Waveney Annual Business Awards, of which Waveney District Council is headline sponsor. The Council is also sponsoring the Business of the Year Award.
Other events in the festival programme include:
• What can East Suffolk Councils do for you? 30 October at Riverside, Lowestoft
• Coffee Means Business (MENTA) – 30 October at Seckford Hall Hotel, Woodbridge
• EEEGR House of Commons Reception – 30 October
• Suffolk Chamber Members Prestige Dinner – 30 October at Milsoms, Kesgrave Hall
• Exhibitions Masterclass – 31 October at High Lodge, Hinton
• Business Advice and Support (East Suffolk Councils) – 31 October at the Sizewell Sports and Social Club
• 2018 Coastal Tourism Conference - The Suffolk Coast DMO – 1 November at Ufford Park Hotel
• An Introduction to Instagram (Hot Gossip Media) – 1 November at Ufford Park, Woodbridge
• Google Analytics for Tourism Businesses (Attain Solutions) – 1 November at Ufford Park Hotel
• UK GDPR – What’s Next? (DPO Centre) – 2 November at The Waveney House Hotel, Beccles
• Business Advice and Support (East Suffolk Councils) – 2 November at Lowestoft Community Church
• UK GDPR – What’s Next? (DPO Centre) – 5 November at Seckford Hall Hotel
• Business Advice and Support (East Suffolk Councils) – 5 November at The Angel Hotel, Halesworth
• What can East Suffolk Councils do for you? – 6 November at East Suffolk House, Melton
• Choosing the Right Social Media for Your Business (Menta) – 6 November at Seckford Hall Hotel
• Knowledge Sharing Session (Innovation Martlesham) – 6 November at Adastral Park
• First Steps to Start-Up workshop (NWES) – 7 November at Riverside Business Centre, Lowestoft
• Suffolk Business Women Elevenses – 7 November at Kesgrave Hall
• UK GDPR – What’s Next? (DPO Centre) – 8 November at The Orwell Hotel, Felixstowe
• Electric Vehicles (BEE Anglia) – 8 November at East Suffolk House, Melton
To book your place for any of the events, please visit the dedicated festival website at www.eastsuffolkbusinessfestival.org
Entries for the Suffolk Chamber of Commerce Lowestoft and Waveney Annual Business Awards are open until 30 September: www.suffolkchamber.co.uk/lowestoft-and-waveney/awards
For more about the festival, please follow on Twitter @ESMBiz.