COVID-19 business grant funding enquiries
|Discretionary Grant Scheme – if you are wondering when you will hear about the outcome of your application, please note that it is currently taking around 21 days to process applications for this scheme. This is due to a high volume of applications and enquiries. Applications to this scheme are also subject to a higher level of verification and assessment and some may need to be determined by panel.
We understand many businesses are desperate to receive the grant funding in order to resolve cash flow issues. We are doing all we possibly can to get payments out to eligible businesses as quickly as possible. We have already passed thousands of applications through for payment.
We are experiencing a high volume of enquiries and have redeployed staff to work specifically on the issuing of these business grants, but we still have limited resources working on the very high numbers of enquiries we are receiving. Because of this, we cannot possibly reply individually to all emails asking for an update on their application as it takes our focus away from processing applications and dealing with more complex cases. If your enquiry falls into one of the following categories you will not receive an individual response due to the number of enquiries we are currently dealing with:
- I have submitted the application form but did not receive an email confirmation
- If you completed the form and were presented with a form reference number beginning SGF, RHLGF or DBG then your application has been successfully submitted. You may find your email confirmation has gone into your spam or junk folder. Receiving the confirmation email is an automated process and you do not need to worry if it didn’t get through to you. As long as you submitted the form and were presented with a form reference number, the application was successful. Please do not submit another application as this will cause further delays in processing.
- I have submitted the application form, when will I receive the grant payment?
- We are dealing with applications as quickly as possible following our verification processes, we will make payment where appropriate as quickly as possible. Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications it is not possible for us to reply individually to each enquiry regarding when payment will be made. You will receive an email remittance advice when the application has been passed for payment.
- Are grant payments repayable back at a later date?
- As long as the business was eligible for the grant on 11 March 2020, you will not be required to pay it back.
- The grant is based on the information we held on 11 March 2020. Where the council has reason to believe that the information we hold about the ratepayer on the 11 March 2020 is inaccurate we may withhold or recover the grant. The council will not accept deliberate manipulation and fraud. You will therefore be liable to repay the grant if you are not entitled to it and any business caught falsifying their records to gain additional grant money will face prosecution.
- Is my business eligible for these grant schemes?
- Eligible businesses will have received a letter from us, addressed to the billing address on your NNDR account.
- If you have an query about your eligibility, we are working through all enquiries as quickly as possible and your enquiry has not been lost, we will reply as soon as we have further information.
- Eligibility is explained on our dedicated covid-19 business grant funding page
- What other support is available to businesses who are not eligible for these grant schemes?
If your enquiry is more detailed or not covered above, or you are replying to an email received from us, please be assured all emails will be read and responded to appropriately. Thank you for bearing with us while we deal with the large volume of enquiries we are receiving.