Support for town economies
Our commitment to strengthen town and village economies has been reaffirmed in the East Suffolk Business Plan.
The Sustainable Town and Village Economies approach sets out an ambition to achieve more by:
- enabling communities to implement a shared vision (such as that set out in a Neighbourhood Plan)
- being clear about the council’s economic objectives and how projects can contribute to these
- putting the district council’s funding behind these objectives
- reaching everyone who can make a contribution so that excellent ideas are seen through to implementation
- providing our support and advice in each town and village, helping to build up collaborative working year-on-year with a shared Economic Action Plan to track progress
Organisations in some of our largest centres, including the town and parish councils, are being invited to develop proposals.