Rubbish on private land

We can deal with accumulations of rubbish on private land if the waste material is providing shelter for rats or mice, or consists of offensive, decomposing matter. In such cases we may serve a notice on the owner or occupier of the land requiring them to remove it within a certain period of time. If they do not comply, we can arrange for its removal and recover the costs incurred from the person on whom we served the notice.

Fly tipping is a criminal offence and needs to be reported to the Council so we can investigate who is responsible.