Planning Performance Agreement and Statement of Community Consultation
Sizewell C Joint Local Authority Group
Aldhurst Farm Habitat Creation Scheme
Sizewell C Task Group meetings
Sizewell C Stage One consultation
Sizewell C Stage Two consultation
Sizewell C Stage Three consultation
National Policy Statements and National Infrastructure planning
AONB special qualities document
Sizewell C Economic Impact
Along with Suffolk County Council, we are taking a joint local authority approach to the challenges and opportunities presented by Sizewell C - the proposed nuclear power station expansion at Sizewell.
EDF Energy’s Sizewell C Stage 1 consultation ended in February 2013.
Since February 2013 the Councils have been working jointly in a number of areas:
EDF Energy Sizewell C Stage 2 Consultation ended in February 2017.
Sizewell C key milestones
The proposal is being dealt with as a National Significant Infrastructure Project (NSIP). There are 5 key milestones in the planning phase of the proposed new power station:
- Stage 1 Consultation – suite of documents from EDF Energy setting out background and context to the development (21 November 2012 to 6 February 2013).
- Stage 2 Consultation – suite of documents from EDF Energy with details of the overall proposal for the new Sizewell C nuclear power station as well as documents for the associated developments needed to support the construction (23 November 2016 to 3 February 2017).
- Stage 3 consultation – gives a greater amount of technical information on the final proposal for the development (4 January to 29 March 2019).
- Submission of Development Consent Order (DCO) to the Secretary of State – the DCO will be developed following the refinement of proposals from the consultation stages. The Planning Inspectorate will lead an assessment of the proposal.
- Decision by the Secretary of State – following its assessment, the Planning Inspectorate will make a recommendation to the Secretary of State. The Secretary of State will make their final decision within 3 months of receiving the recommendation.