Suffolk Coastal has amended the provisions of the Suffolk Coastal District Council (Off-Street Parking Places) Order 2008, which applies to all the off-street car parks operated by the Council.
Following consultation on the proposals Suffolk Coastal's Cabinet agreed:
(1) To delegate the decision to add 'Darsham Station West' to the Traffic Regulation Order (with a tariff of £1 up to 4 hours and £2 for 4+ hours) to the Head of Commercial and Leisure Partnerships, in consultation with the Cabinet Member with responsibility for the Green Environment, who will ensure the necessary legal agreements are in place and the Council’s interests are protected.
(2) To delegate the decision to add 'Darsham Station East' to the Traffic Regulation Order with a tariff of £1 up to 4 hours and £2 for 4+ hours to the Head of Commercial and Leisure Partnerships, in consultation with the Cabinet Member with responsibility for the Green Environment, who will ensure the necessary legal agreements are in place and the Council’s interests are protected.
(3) To amend the tariff band for Fort Green and Thorpe Road in Aldeburgh and at Thorpeness Beach by adding £1 for 1 hour (keeping £2 for 4 hours and £3 for 4+ hours).
(4) To introduce charges in Wickham Market Chapel Lane car park with the tariff set to free for the first hour and £1 for up to 2 hours (the maximum stay permitted). Six spaces to be reserved for the Doctors and one each for the Library and Resource Centre. Each resident of Richard Kitson Court who has a vehicle to be issued with a permit enabling them to park for free.
(5) To amend the Wickham Market tariffs as follows:
i. The Hill short-stay tariff to be free for the first half hour and £1 for up to 2 hours (the maximum stay permitted)
ii. The Hill long-stay tariff to be free for the first hour, £1 for up to 4 hours and £1.50 for 4+ hours
iii. and charging times to be brought back in line to the standard 8:00-18:00.
(6) To make available a special Wickham Market monthly £10 season ticket, valid in The Hill long-stay car park only, available to buy from local designated outlets as arranged by Wickham Market Parish Council and in an agreed format.
(7) To add the Wickham Market Village Hall car park with tariff code 3.
(8) That Wickham Market income and costs should be reviewed after one year to ensure that annual costs are at least covered by the revenue generated.
(9) To add the car park to be known as 'Felixstowe Leisure Centre Extension' with tariff code 8, the same as the existing Leisure Centre car park (50p for 1 hour, £1 for 2 hours, £1.50 for 3 hours, £2.50 for 4 hours and £3.50 for 4+ hours).
The Order includes items (3) to (7) and (9) above. Additionally the car park known as 'The Elms' in Framlingham is removed as it is no longer managed by the District Council. Items (1) and (2) are not included at this time because work is ongoing with the other interested parties to ensure that the necessary legal agreements are in place and the Council’s interests are protected.
The Order came into force on 8 June 2015.
Following consultations with local residents, businesses and other stakeholders, changes have been made to the off-street parking orders in Suffolk Coastal and Waveney. These changes are detailed in the document below and will be implemented from April 1 2018.