Off-Street Parking Places Variation Order 2010
Following consultation with town and parish councils, other interested parties, statutory consultees and the public, the Council made some changes to the management of its car parks which came into effect on 19 April 2010.
The changes amend some provisions of the Suffolk Coastal District Council (Off-Street Parking Places) Order 2008 which applies to all the off-street car parks operated by the Council. The 2008 Order will continue to apply apart from where changes have been made.
Changes in the Order include:
- An increase in tariffs in the following car parks: Arwela Road, Brackenbury Fort, Clifflands, Convalescent Hill, Golf Road, Pier Bight, Pier Front, Sea Road and Spa Pavilion (Felixstowe), Fort Green and Thorpe Road (Aldeburgh), Lime Kiln Quay and Theatre Street (Woodbridge), and Sizewell Beach (near Leiston).
- All-year charging in the 5 Felixstowe seafront car parks that were previously not charged November - February.
- The addition of Sundays as a charged day in the car parks in Woodbridge and the 3 in Felixstowe that were previously not charged on Sundays.
- The Avenue in Woodbridge is brought into line by charging every day and from 8.00am until 5.00pm. (The proposed charging period was to 6pm but this was amended following a late request from the Deben Yacht Club).
- The ability to charge an administration fee for free permits and re-issue of season tickets.
- Introduction of a new vehicle category 'small motorhomes' allowing them to park in more car parks.
You can view the formal notice of making the Order, the variation Order and associated documents, and the revised car parking charges by following the links below:
The Order came into effect on 19 April 2010.