There are plenty of exciting events and activities available for children in east Suffolk this half-term!
Saturday 20 – Sunday 28 October
- Curiosity killed no-one! – Africa Alive!
Find out the answers to all your animal questions. Buy tickets at africa-alive.co.uk
- Halesworth Scarecrow Festival & Treasure Trail
Entry forms are available from Halesworth Library and Edwards restaurant (£1 per form). More information.
- Scaretacular – Southwold Maize Maze
The main maze becomes a hiding place to 10 spooky, but cute characters. Your job - locate them all to win a prize. Your navigation skills can be tested further in the Trick or Treat Maze - seeking the finger stamps & fulfill the eerie forfeit that awaits you! More information.
- Wands & Witches – Easton Farm Park
Join in for a fun-filled half term with lots of slightly spooky and magical activities. Try your hand at making broomsticks, learn some magic tricks and visit the spooky maze as well as lots more seasonal fun on the farm. Half price entry! More information.
- Pleasurewood Chills – Pleasurewood Hills – from 10am
Visit the park from 20th to 28th October for some family fun with a spooky twist. Spooky parade, face painting, fireworks, slime factory and pumpkin carving. More information.
- Wild things at Halloween at RSPB Minsmere
Discover the new autumn trail and meet the creatures of the woodland, from giant spiderwebs to hibernating hedgehogs. Be wise or bewildered as you venture along the secret forest path, solving riddles along the way. More information.
Saturday 20 October
- Arts Festival and Big Draw – Wickham Market
A wonderful opportunity for the whole family to get creative and experience a warm welcome from this friendly village with shops and cafes to discover. wmartsproject.co.uk
- Autumn Half-Term Party – Haw Wood Farm Caravans & Camping
Gather around huge fire pits with family and friends at Haw Wood Farm Caravans and Camping and enjoy a home cooked meal, kids craft, glow sticks, toffee apples and drinks.
- Archery Club - High Lodge Hinton – 11am and 1pm
Have a go at archery– a great family activity suitable from 7yrs+
Sunday 21 October
Monday 22 October
Tuesday 23 October
- NessFest – Lowestoft – 12-6pm
A brand new one-day arts festival especially for young people is coming to Lowestoft this half-term! On Tuesday 23 October, the first ever ‘NessFest’ will take place in Lowestoft with free arts activities aimed exclusively at 11-19 year olds.
- Royal Afternoon Tea – Hatfield Hotel, Lowestoft – 12pm
An afternoon tea party for little princes and princesses.
- Milo goes to the Seaside: Meet children's author Rachel Jane – Southwold Library – 2pm
Children and their parents/carers are invited to meet children’s author Rachel Jane. Rachel will be reading from her picture books, including Milo goes to the Seaside and there will be activities, colouring and fun!
- Foolhardy Circus Company – Seagull Theatre, Lowestoft – 2.30pm
The Foolhardy Circus is back with its new and improved show for all the family – book your tickets now!
- Milling Demonstration – Woodbridge Tide Mill – 4.30pm
Step inside the iconic, fully working Tide Mill, a living museum, sitting on the banks of Woodbridge’s River Deben. You will see how the flour is milled, find out how bread is made and learn about all the parts of the machinery and its workings.
Spooky Tales at the Red House, Aldeburgh (until 27 October) – 1-5pm
Visit The Red House for some spooky Suffolk tales! Create your own ghostly sound effects to accompany your own stories.
- Paint your own runestones - Beccles Library - 2-3pm
Book your place online!
Wednesday 24 October
Thursday 25 October
Friday 26 October
Saturday 27 October
Sunday 28 October