Home > Business > Licensing > Other licences > House to house collections

House to house collections

A house to house collection permit is required mainly for door-to-door charitable collections, either made with collecting tins or by returning to collect a previously posted envelope. It will also cover collections of money made in pubs and collections of jumble for charity sales.

Whereas street collection permits are normally issued to cover a period of one or two days, a house to house collection permit can be granted for longer periods.

Guidance on house to house collections in the East Suffolk area
House to house collections guidance

How do I apply for a permit?

You should complete an application form and return it to the relevant Licensing Team.

Apply for a house to house collection in the East Suffolk area
House to house collection permit application form

No fee is payable for the permit.

What else will I need?

In addition to granting the permit we will also issue you with a certificate for the information of HM Stationery Office. This enables you to apply to HM Stationery Office for the required number of badges and certificates of authority that must be obtained before the collection takes place.

It is an offence not to have or to display these items when carrying out a collection.

What happens afterwards?

A completed returns form showing details of the monies collected must be returned to the Licensing Team within one month of the collection taking place. We can either post or email the form to you, or alternatively you can download or print it off by following the link below.

Arrange charitable collections return in the East Suffolk area
Charitable collection returns form