Energy efficiency help and advice
- ECO Flexible Eligibility Scheme -The Suffolk Councils work in partnership to help people get the best advice and help with energy efficiency. We have recently published a joint plan to help those who struggle to pay their energy bills. If you meet the relevant conditions, we can put you forward to receive free or discounted energy efficiency measures including loft insulation and cavity wall insulation and in some cases heating.
- Benefits - If you are concerned about the cost of heating your home you may be eligible for various benefits and schemes.
- British Gas Energy Trust - Find details of trusts and funds to help with energy and water bills
- Charis Grants - Help people who are struggling to pay their energy charges and other household bills and costs
- Community Action Suffolk Community Buying Ltd - Countywide oil-buying syndicate which enables members to buy heating oil at reduced prices
- Energy Saving Trust - Impartial advice on how to reduce carbon emissions, use water more sustainably and save money on energy bills
- Keep warm, keep well - government information leaflet for people over 60, low-income families and people living with a disability. It includes advice on getting prepared for the cold weather and financial help to heat your home
- Lofty Heights - A loft emptying service for elderly and disabled people to allow them to take advantage of the free insulation schemes on offer
- Are you prepared for winter? - Essential information about staying safe and healthy this winter from Suffolk County Council
- Winter Wrapped Up - Tips from Age UK on how to keep warm and well
You can also contact your energy supplier. They offer a range of services to older or vulnerable customers and people on low incomes, including switching to a cheaper energy tariff and free or subsidised energy efficiency measures.
Anyone who has a vulnerable relative or neighbour is urged to help them find out more about what support and assistance might be available to them.