Warm Homes Healthy People
Warm Homes Healthy People Suffolk wants to help the people of Suffolk live in homes that cost less to heat, so they can reduce their energy usage and enjoy lower bills.
Do you want your home to be warmer?
Are high energy bills preventing you from putting the heating on?
Do you know any friends, family or neighbours who need extra help heating their home?
We are here to support you and keep Suffolk warm.
Suffolk's Warm Homes Healthy People project helps vulnerable people and families make their homes warmer and cheaper to heat, improving health and wellbeing. Our friendly team will listen to your concerns and can provide a range of support, including:
- FREE home surveys for home owners and those privately renting. A trained energy surveyor will visit your home to identify ways we can make your home more efficient and maximise your home income.
- FREE* Loft, cavity wall, external wall and internal wall insulation.
- Small * boiler repairs up to £500 (subject to funding availability).
- Grants* for the servicing of gas appliances.
- FREE* new or replacement heating/energy systems including those utilising renewable energy such as solar photovoltaics and heat pumps.
- Referrals and signposting for emergency fuel payments*. This includes heating oil and pre pay key and card meters.
- Loan of temporary oil filled electric heaters for those with faulty/no heating.
- Extra winter warmth help for the most vulnerable.
- Access to an interest free loan* for other heating and energy related measures.
*Subject to continued funding and conditions of individual schemes. More information on request.
To be eligible for the funded projects households must meet the following criteria (evidence of income will be required):
- Be a home owner, privately renting, or a landlord of a tenant who meets the below financial criteria
- Have a combined household income under £30,000, OR, receive one of the following: Guaranteed Pension Credit, Universal Credit, Housing Benefit, Income Based Employment Support Allowance/Job Seekers Allowance, Child/Working Tax Credit with income under £16,105
- Live in a property with an energy performance certificate (EPC) of D or below.