Home > Housing > Grants > Disabled Facilities Grants

Disabled Facilities Grants

Grants for disabled adaptations are available to help you live more comfortably in your own home by providing the necessary alterations to meet your needs.

You may apply for a grant if you are:

  • an owner occupier (including shared ownership)
  • a parent or guardian of a disabled child
  • a tenant in a privately rented property

If you live in a housing association property, please contact your landlord in the first instance to discuss their policy on disabled adaptations.

Before applying, you will need to be seen by an Occupational Therapist, who will visit your home to carry out an assessment of your needs. To arrange a visit contact the Orbit Living team on 0800 121 7711 or emailĀ suffolkhia@orbit.org.uk

Our Disabled Facilities Grants are administered by a home improvement agency called Orbit Living, who work with Suffolk County Council and the district and borough councils across Suffolk to provide disabled adaptations. They have developed a housing options and advice service to help disabled residents live at home more independently.