Home > Housing > Owner occupied housing

Owner occupied housing

What if I need disabled adaptations to help me remain in my own home?

A Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) is a means-tested grant offered by the council to help towards the cost of adapting your home so that you can continue to live there.

What if I need to make general improvements to my home?

Unfortunately at this time, occupiers of properties in the Waveney district are unable to access any grant schemes to help with general improvements.

If you have a property in the East Suffolk area, the following renovation grant schemes are available:

What if I am concerned about fire safety?

What if I need help to improve the energy efficiency of my home?

There are various, centrally administered energy efficiency schemes in operation which may be able to help you.

What if I am affected by disrepair from a neighbouring property?

Generally, this will be a civil dispute between yourself and your neighbour and you will need to make contact with a solicitor if you have been unsuccessful in remedying the situation directly with them.

Our Private Sector Housing Team can provide advice in these circumstances and in extreme cases can act to ensure there are no issues which are prejudicial to health or a nuisance, but we are unable to get involved in the majority of neighbour disputes. For example, we are unable to deal with overgrown gardens, damage such as broken fences, etc.