Larger vehicles and campervans
Campervans and motorhomes (also referred to as motor caravans) that exceed 5.5m in length are permitted in only twelve East Suffolk managed car parks. However, these vehicles must not exceed 8m in length.
These car parks are:
- The Grove, Felixstowe, IP11 9GA (in designated motor caravan bays)
- Garrison Lane, Felixstowe, IP11 7SH (in designated coach bays).
- Manor Terrace, Felixstowe, IP11 2EN (in designated motor caravan bays)
- Clifflands, Felixstowe, IP11 9SJ (in designated motor caravan area)
- Sutton Heath Picnic Area, Sutton Heath, IP12 3TG (in designated motor caravan area)
- Upper Hollesley Common, Upper Hollesley Common, IP12 3HU (caution advised due to low tree canopy)
- Slaughden, Aldeburgh, IP15 5DE
- Thorpe Road, Aldeburgh, IP16 4NR (in southern half only, as signed)
- Belvedere Road, Lowestoft, NR33 0PR (in designated coach bays)
- Nicholas Everitt Park, Oulton Broad, NR33 9JT (in designated coach bays)
- Harbour Quay East, Southwold, IP18 6TA (in designated motor caravan area)
- Southwold Pier, Southwold, IP18 6BN (in designated motor caravan bays).
Please also be aware that while all suitable vehicles may park overnight, no camping or sleeping in vehicles is allowed. Websites such as The Suffolk Coast, Campsites.co.uk, Pitchup and others are available to help motor caravan users find legal and appropriate places to camp and sleep overnight.