Southwold Harbour Stakeholder Advisory Group
The Stakeholder Advisory Group (SAG) was established in late 2021 as part of the Southwold Harbour Management Committee (HMC) commitment to improving relations with local stakeholders and to ensure that all user groups are given an equal platform in which to voice their views for the betterment of the harbour and caravan site.
The SAG consists of up to 18 appointed representatives and aims to meet just before each HMC meeting (but must meet a minimum of twice a year).
The SAG meetings are not open to the public and they are held both virtually and in person.
The SAG’s Chairperson, Simon Flunder, and Vice Chairperson, Philip O’Hear, can be contacted at email@example.com
There are currently 16 SAG members, who represent a variety of stakeholders:
- Southwold Town Council - Councillor Will Windell
- Reydon Parish Council - Councillor Philip O’Hear
- Walberswick Parish Council - Councillor Josie Bassinette
- Southwold Haven Port Stakeholders Group - Simon Flunder
- Blyth Estuary Partnership - Richard Steward
- Southwold and River Blyth Users Association - Jamie Thompson
- Southwold Caravan Owners Association - (2 places) Diane Perry-Yates and Jocelyn Bailey
- Southwold Sailing Club - Henry Walker
- One person from the RNLI - Gary Doy
- One person from the Environment Agency - Richard Wilkes
- Representative for Commercial Fishermen using the harbour - Simon Drake
- Representative for local residents - Alan Tong
- Two representatives for the interests of shoreside traders/businesses close to the harbour - Vicky Gladwell
- Representative for commercial passenger carrying vessels’ interests in the harbour including trip boats, mackerel boats, rowing boats and pedalos (during such time as such activities are taking place within the harbour) - Marcus Gladwell
- Representative for the Charter Boat Associations in the harbour, including both dive and fishing charters - David Beavan
There are currently 2 vacancies for representatives from:
- Blythburgh Parish Council
- An additional representative for the interests of shoreside traders/business close to the harbour.
Should you wish to contact the SAG members or if you are interested in joining the SAG, please email the group.