Community development is about empowering individuals and groups by providing them with the skills and support they need to affect change in their own communities.
We have a Communities Team that includes Community Development Officers working alongside our communities whose main purpose is:
- to strengthen relationships and bring people of different backgrounds together for the benefit of the wider community
- encouraging individuals to play an active role in their community, creating a sense of belonging and ownership
- working in partnership with external partners such as the Police, Health, Suffolk County Council, voluntary and community organisations and local people to make East Suffolk a place where people want to live and work
- to undertake consultation in partnership with other organisations and act as a conduit for all consultation across the council
- promoting equality, diversity and fairness
- support community and voluntary groups which will compliment and help deliver the East Suffolk Business Plan
- support the reduction of crime and anti-social behaviour in East Suffolk and help to improve community safety
The East Suffolk Communities Team supports a wide range of individuals, community groups and partner organisations and prides itself on the partnership work carried out with our diverse range of communities. Each member of the Communities Team is responsible for empowering communities and supporting projects and initiatives.