Home > Business > Licensing > Alcohol and entertainment licensing > Having your say in licensing decisions

Having your say in licensing decisions

The Licensing Act 2003 allows local communities to have a say in licensing decisions that affect them, not only when someone applies for a licence to carry out certain activities (such as selling alcohol or providing live music) but at any time afterwards if those activities cause problems once a licence has been granted.

To help you have your say we have produced the following guidance:

Further information on how to have your say in licensing decisions is also available from the Home Office.

If you live or work near a licensed premises that is causing a problem, please refer to complaining about licensing issues.

Details of the opening hours and permitted activities of licensed premises in the district can be found in our public registers of licences.